Example question about the IP Address and Distribution of Class
2. Based on its development, the IP address is divided into two types. Identify and explain!
3. What is a network ID and a host ID?
4. Answer the following questions correctly!
a. Mention three classes of IP addresses that are often used!
b. Mention range of every class IP Address!
c. Give an example of a 3rd class IP Address with the binary form!
5. From the example IP Address you write, which includes a network ID and a host ID!
1. The IP address is a series of 32-bit binary number up to 128 bits are used as identification address to each computer in a network.
2. a. IPv4, is the first version of the internet protocol that has a length of 32 bits.
b. IPv6, is the development of Internet protocol IPv4 has a length of 128 bits.
3. a. Network ID is part of the IP address which shows on the network where the computer is located.
b. Host ID is part of the IP address which shows a workstation, server, router, and all host other TCP / IP in the network.
4. a. Class A, B and C
b. IP Address Range class A: 1.xxx.xxx.xxx to 126.xxx.xxx.xxx
IP Address Range class B: 128.0.0.xxx to 191.255.xxx.xxx
IP Address Range class C: 192.0.0.xxx to 255.255.255.xxx
c. Example IP Address:
Class A: 22.214.171.124 binary form: 00001000.11111111.00101000.00000010
Class B: 126.96.36.199 binary form: 10000000.11000000.00011000.00000111
Class C: 192.168.96.15 binary form: 11000000.10101000.01100000.00001111
5. a. Class A: 188.8.131.52
Network ID: 8
Host ID: 255.40.2
b. Class B: 184.108.40.206
Network ID: 128 192
Host ID: 24.7
c. Class C: 192.168.96.15
Network ID: 192.168.96
Host ID: 15