- Prediction of trends and business characteristics, where data mining automates the process of finding predictive information in large databases.
- The discovery of previously unknown patterns, where data mining sweeps the database, then identifies previously hidden patterns in one sweep.
- Data mining is useful for making critical decisions, especially in strategy.
- Data mining is the process of finding something meaningful from a new correlation, existing patterns and trends by sorting through large data stored in the repository, using pattern recognition technology and mathematical and statistical techniques.
- Data mining is the analysis of observational databases to find unexpected relationships and to summarize data with new methods or methods that are understandable and useful to data owners.
- Data mining is an interdisciplinary field of science that brings together learning techniques from machines (machine learning), pattern recognition, statistics, databases, and visualization to overcome the problem of extracting information from large databases.
- Data mining is defined as a process of extracting useful and potential information from a set of data contained implicitly in a database.
- Prediction function. The process of finding patterns from data using several variables to predict other variables of unknown type or value.
- Function Description (description). The process of finding an important characteristic of data in a database.
- Classification function. Classification is a process to find a model or function to describe the class or concept of a data. The process used to describe important data and can predict data trends in the future.
- Association functions (association). This process is used to find a relationship that is contained in the attribute value of a data set.