Latihan soal-soal b.inggris tentang tenses, pronoun, relative clauses, question tag dan special verbs
I. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. This book (belong) to Hartono.
2. He (ask) his teacher to some advice tomorrow.
3. We (plan) to trade our motorcycle since yesterday.
4. We (listen) to music when someone (come) in.
5. I always (write) a letters to my uncle in Singapore.
6. Everyone (laugh) loudly after the teacher (tell) a funny story.
7. We all (swim) in the beach at the moment.
8. The examiner (smile) before I (say) hello to him.
9. Maria's brother (borrow) some money from her two days ago.
10. He (thank) me for what I (do) to him.
II. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate personal pronouns.
1. Anton and I ... homework together.
2. He sends the letters everyweek. I receive ... here.
3. I am sitting on a chair. ... is very comfortable.
4. I think her house is bigger than ...
5. Please write ... name on the first page.
III. Combine the sentences into one by using relative clause 'who, whom, whose, which'
1. The lady has gone to London. She was here yesterday.
2. The magazine is very interesting. You lent it to me
3. The lady was sad. Her purse has been stolen.
4. The old man has just died. He lived next door.
5. I don't know that man. you talked to him last night.
6. John bought the novel. I borrowed it yesterday.
7. I lives in new house. It has a beautiful garden.
8. Mary spoke to a man. I saw him driving a car.
IV. Complete the following sentences with the correct from of tag endings.
1. He will back at 4 o'clock, ...?
2. The plane flew over our house, ...?
3. They get up at 7 o'clock every morning, ...?
4. His health is improving from time to time, ...?
5. You did not finish your work on time, ...?
V. Put the verbs in the brackets into the correct form
1. She expects (be) promoted every year.
2. My father made me (give) my decision.
3. The little child likes (swim) on the beach.
4. Do not hesitate (ask) me questions if you have any.
5. Are you allowed (drive) the car very soon?
1. belongs (karena tidak ada keterangan waktu maka "present tense" . karena subyeknya "this book" = "it" maka verbnya +s)
2. will ask (karena ada "tomorrow" = present future tense --> S + will/shall + V1)
3. have planned (karena ada "since" = present perfect tense --> S + have/has + V3 + O)
4. were listening / came (karena ada "when" = past continuous tense --> S + was/were + V-ing When S + V2)
5. write (karena ada "always" = present tense. Karena subyek "I" maka tanpa tambahan s)
6. laughed / had told (karena ada "after" = past perfect tense --> S + V2 After S + had + V3)
7. we are all swimming (karena ada "at the moment" = Present continuous tense --> S + tobe + V-ing + O)
8. had smiled / said (karena ada "before" = past perfect tense --> S + had + V3 Before S + V2)
9. borrowed (karena ada "two days ago" = past tense --> S + V2 + O)
10. thanked / had done (karena ada 2 verb yaitu "berterima kasih/thank" & "melakukan/do",
"berterima kasih/thank" pasti dilakukan setelah "melakukan/do"
maka kata "for" bisa diganti dengan "after" = past perfect tense --> S + V2 After S + had + V3 )
1. our (karena ada kata benda "...homework" dan subyek "anton and I" = "we")
2. them (karena yang ditunjuk "letters" = banyak)
3. it (karena yang ditunjuk "a chair" = satu)
4. mine/yours/theirs/ours/his/hers (karena tidak ada kata benda yang mengikuti & tidak diterangkan untuk siapa, jadi jawabannya bervariasi)
5. your (karena perintah yang langsung diucapkan kepada seseorang)
1. The lady who was here yesterday has gone to London. (the lady = subyek --> who)
2. The magazine which you lent to me is very interesting. (the magazine = benda --> which. kata "it" hilang karena sudah diganti "which")
3. The lady whose purse has been stolen was sad. (her purse = kepemilikan --> whose)
4. The old man who lived next door has just died. (old man = subyek --> who)
5. I don't know that man whom you talked to last night. (man = obyek --> whom. kata "him" hilang karena sudah diganti "whom")
6. John bought the novel which I borrowed yesterday. (the novel = benda --> which. kata "it" hilang karena sudah diganti "which")
7. I lives in new house which has a beautiful garden. (new house = benda --> which. kata "it" hilang karena sudah diganti "which")
8. Mary spoke to a man whom saw driving a car. (a man = obyek --> whom. kata "him" hilang karena sudah diganti "whom")
1. won't he? (karena "he will...")
2. didn't it? (karena "flew" = Verb2 --> didn't, "the plane"="it")
3. don't they? (karena "get" = Verb1 --> don't)
4. isn't it? (karena ada "is". "his health"="it")
5. did you? (karena ada "did not")
1. to be (karena ada "expect")
2. give (karena ada "made/make")
3. to swim / swimming (karena ada "like")
4. to ask (karena ada "hesitate")
5. to drive (karena ada "allow")
Home » B.Inggris » Latihan soal-soal b.inggris tentang tenses, pronoun, relative clauses, question tag dan special verbs